Sunday, January 8, 2017

Reborns for Assisted Living Therapy

I am working on several reborns that are going to be going to several different areas to be used in a program for Dementia patients as therapy dolls. My first baby (Blaze) went to New Jersey and they also chose Shyann and Olive - all 3 as boys. I am also working on my very first African American reborns and these will both be girls. They are from the Avery sculpt (which makes 5 Avery sculpts I have done). These four will be going to Florida and Virginia. Pretty exciting!

It is an Assisted Living facility that is already in 6 different states and they are adding more through out this year - so I know that I will have several more to do in a few months. I don't know the total as of yet - but I think I will be doing at least 2 - 3 at a time for them. I am very OK with that! 

The director contacted me via e-mail over the Christmas holidays asking if she could talk to me over the phone - at first I thought it was a scam - but I looked up the facility, checked out their website and I soon realized this was on the up and up. I e-mailed her back and told her I would be happy to talk to her once the holidays were over. In the meantime she ordered one of my reborns to check out the quality and she liked what she saw. 

Our first phone conversation went wonderfully, I liked her right away (her name is Rachel) and I believe she will be a lot of fun to work with. She told me a little about the facilities, how they would be using the reborns in therapy with dementia patients and I just love the fact that my reborns will be used in such a way to bring peace and joy to elderly folks. 

I already had Shyann up for adoption, so she chose her and Olive was almost completed so she chose her, as well. At this writing they are packed and ready to go. 

I started on the 2 AA reborns yesterday . I have to say they are much harder than I realized they would be. One is pretty dark and the other is a lighter shade but both are really bi-racial. I am glad they want to have some diversity for the homes. 

Here are a few photos of the babes that will be traveling to the facilities soon. I think the patients will be happy with them.






 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫