banner

banner

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day - From Far Away

I won't be spending Mother's Day with my Mom physically  - but I will be thinking about her all day. I will be in church  - missing her. I will see all the other ladies there who will have their mother's with them - wearing corsages - and I know I will shed a few tears. My mom lives 500 miles away. I sent her flowers. I sent her a card. I will miss her.

I won't be spending Mother's Day with my children - all grown up now - with lives of their own - and so away. I will be in church thinking of them as well. I will see the mom's sitting with their children who came to church just to be with them. I will see the beautiful corsages they, too, are wearing - and I know I will shed a few tears. My son is working in North Dakota - and I know he will call me. I will miss him. My daughter sent me a special framed photo of my grandson and a homemade card with his hand print. She is a mom, too. I will cherish them but I miss her.  

Mother's Day is the hardest day for me in church. They ask us all to stand - every one looks around at all the mothers - and you will see so many with their children - young and grown - standing beside them. Then I will see I am not alone  - there are others who will shed tears  - some estranged from their children because of arguments, some whose children have passed away - and I am thankful that mine are healthy, happy and just away from me because of life circumstances - and my mother is alive and well and I will see her soon. We will have 2 weeks to spend together this summer. Yes, I am thankful.

I love my mother and I love my daughter and I want to say Happy Mothers Day, Mom - Happy Mothers Day, Robin. I miss you both.

Flowers from my sweet hubby.



Linking up with Martys Musings

14 comments:

  1. Found you through The Pink Momma Hop Love your blog!

    I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-2.html

    Please, invite your friends to party too! The more the merrier!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your love for one another reached across the miles today. Visiting from Funny Postpartum lady blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up, Pamela. Your words are so true. My mom is deceased and I have one son who couldn't come home from college. My oldest daughter is married but we saw her this evening. Still, I miss the days when all of us were in church together (we still have two at home). But I try to cherish the times we have together. Have a blessed week!
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hard day. Seems like I cried more today than I have in a year.

      I am sorry about your mother.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting. It means a lot.

      Delete
  4. Aww I just saw this! I hate that it is a sad day for you. Maybe when you and Brad can retire you can come back to Arkansas! :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the plan! Love you, too~

      Delete
  5. I was right there with you. Neither of my boys or grand angels were here. My mom passed away in 2005. Hubby had to work. I started to go to church, but then decided against it. With my surgery so close, seems I can't keep my emotions in check - and I knew I would cry.
    It's tough being a MOM !
    Love to you !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand oh so well. My mom lives away from me too and our husbands are all in ministry and involved in our own fellowships so it is hard for us to be together on mother's day. Now my daughter's are all grown and one lives 12 hours away so I can't have them all together with me either. We have all learned to make the best of it and try not to focus on the one day but just make every time we are together super special. So thankful you will have time with your mom this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right - and I am thankful. So many will have to wait for heaven to see their mom's again, so I am blessed. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  7. Aw one day it will be a reunion for you! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy mother's day to you!!! sorry you couldn't be with them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When Dad passed, I was there to help Mom. 5years later, she sold the family home and moved 3 hrs away. Mothers day brings emotions. We dont talk anymore, two different lives. I didnt send anything, just sent her a quick text to have a nice day. I would rather do something for her. Thats about all I can offer. I struggle, but she has her own life to follow.

    ReplyDelete

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫