I am an Arkansas Bred - Texas Wed girl. I am a Christ Follower, Wife, Mother, Grammie & Daughter. I blog about whatever is going on in my every day life. Blogging is great therapy. Even before computers were considered a staple I used to write in my Dear Diary and then journals as I got older. I was given my first diary for my 10th birthday.
♥♥♥♥♥I can do all things through Christ who is MY Strength. Philippians 4:13. ♥♥♥♥♥
I am so totally blessed!
It has been such a long time since I have done a giveaway and this is a fun one! I have a sweet friend who is making these pretty ruffled boot cuffs and selling them in her Etsy shop and I have a pair to give away to one lucky winner! She has several pretty colors to choose from. Not only that but she has amazing scarves and home accents. So - let's get busy with the details. It is easy to enter - Just head over to Traceys Feathered Nest and take a look around and favorite at least one item and then come back here and leave a comment about one thing you saw there that was of interest to you.
*You do not have to be a follower of It's Me Again, Pamela - but it would be nice if you were! The winner will be chose randomly March 15th - You will be notified by e-mail. Can't get any more simpler than that! These adorable ruffled boot cuffs are lined inside with stretchy knit and add so much personality and femininity to a basic outfit!
They measure approximately 7" with a 12" circumference that stretches to 16"; more stretch equals less ruffling but still very pretty. She can make them in any size - larger (may require an increase in price), or smaller for little girls.
These boot cuffs are still very wearable for warmer weather - they look super cute with a dress, boots and bare leg.
I am so unhappy boot season will be coming to an end soon. Especially since I have a friend who makes the boot cuffs and I should get my pair today! I plan to wear them this week and do a blog review and if I like them - will be doing a blog post - along with her etsy shop link. I can't wait so stay tuned!!
This weekend we visited my in-laws in San Marcos and attended the church they all go to. It is a huge church with 3 morning services, a beautiful building and a really good preacher. This was our 2nd time to hear him preach and once again, he had a dynamite sermon.
This is just from my notes - and I felt they were worth laying out there in the blog world. All the scriptures are found in Proverbs.
These are the 6 qualities of being a FRIEND:
1. Committed - Stays through whatever you are facing. Walks in when everyone else is walking out. Proverbs 18:24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. 2. Considerate - Puts your feelings ahead of their own. Proverbs 17:9 Whoever would foster love covers over an offense, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.
3. Confidential - Trust worthy, someone you can tell anything. Takes it to the graves. Proverbs 11:13 A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret.
4. Candid - truthful, honest - doesn't tell you what you want to hear just to butter you up or stay on your good side. Proverbs 27: 5-6 5 Better is open rebuke than love that is concealed.Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but deceitful are the kisses of an enemy.
5. Constructive - Cheerleader, challenges you to do better. They are the president of your fan club. Does not tear you down. Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
6. Consistent - You can count on them time after time. Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.
Count yourself blessed if you have at least one friend who has these qualities. I have many "friends" on Facebook - some of these "friends" I never even talk to in person. Some I haven't seen since high school. Some in my own family that I haven't seen since I was a kid. So they aren't really friends. They are acquaintances. I have a small handful of people I consider my real friends. I have a few that fit most of these qualities. I have had a couple in my life that fit all of them. I have even had a few that I thought fit all of them - but when it came down to the real deal - they weren't really true friends. I am sure we have all had those in our lives.
The sad part is - I am sure there have been people in my life that they thought they could say I filled the bill for these friendship qualities, but I failed them in the end. I hope it was never on purpose.
The people I call my true friends in this season of my life, I want them to be able to count on me. I want to strive to make these 6 qualities part of the friendship package that I have to offer. I want to be committed to them. I want to be considerate of them. I want them to have my confidence. I want to be candid with them. I hope to be constructive. I want to be consistent so they know what they see is what they get and they are happy with that!
People keep telling me that I look like I have lost more weight. Even one person told me I was getting "too skinny" - but I have not lost any more pounds at all! It must be inches. I never took my measurements beforehand, so I don't know - maybe so.