Thursday, December 13, 2012

Following God's Instructions Saved My Life Today

This morning I decided to make some boiled eggs to take to work for breakfast or lunch. I put the water on to boil with 4 eggs and walked out of the kitchen asking God to remind me about the eggs, because I was afraid I would forget about them as I was getting ready. I felt God nudge me to get a piece of paper and write EGGS on it and just lay it on my purse, but I actually said aloud "Well, Lord, if I do that am I showing faith that You will remind me?" I still felt strongly to go ahead and write the note - so I did.
I went about my morning getting ready for work - shower, make- up, etc. About 15 minutes went by and I walked into the living room to get something and I smelled gas VERY strongly. I thought what in the world?? I had totally forgotten about the eggs, of course. All of a sudden I saw the big note on my purse and I ran into the kitchen. There was not a drop of flames going and the burner was on 5. The smell was horrendously strong! My heart was pounding, I turned the burner off and then was running around like a crazy person trying to figure out what had just happened and realizing how dangerous a situation I had just put myself in.
I then realized how following God's simple instruction just saved my life! Of course He could have reminded me - but I think He wanted me to see for myself how listening to the Holy Spirit is so important.
My nose is still burning - and I don't have eggs to eat this morning - but that is OK!

On a side note - as my husband kissed me good bye this morning - I said "I love you no matter what" - and he asked me why I said it like that (because I never do) and I told him that I didn't know - it didn't have any hidden meaning, it just came out that way. When I called him after the incident and told him how God had just saved my life and our house - it came to me - and I told him - IF I had not been obedient and followed God's instructions and had something happened to me - he would have had no doubt that I loved him, no matter what. I am glad that those were not the last words I spoke to him and I am here to share God's mercy and grace for me today!
I do love God, He is my redeemer and my salvation.



2 comments:

  1. awww, this gave me goose bumps!! glad you did listen - He knows us best and who better to listen to than Him! so glad you are okay and that you are here to share that with us. Have a wonderful day. and yeah, its okay you dont have any eggs today!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this gave me goosebumps.

    The Lord is wonderful, yes HE IS!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫