Monday, February 26, 2018

What Goes In My Box Openings

This is a question I get asked by every person interested in adopting a reborn baby from me.  The items that go into the box are hand picked with that individual baby in mind. This is a super fun part of the process. I love baby clothes! I love dressing them! So I do try the clothes on the babies before making the decisions. I wrap each piece individually and tie a little plastic charm on each one. I try to coordinate everything. Since a lot of people like to do the Youtube box openings now, it is important to me to make sure my boxes are special. 




So what comes in the box?


Well, the baby is wrapped in a blanket, of course - some are hand crocheted by my mom and some are regular baby blankets. The baby will be wearing a hat and then a diaper over the head for both protection and the element of surprise. My babies wear a onesie or tee shirt and usually will be wearing a sleeper. They may be wearing socks or booties. 

The wrapped items will be a variety of clothing items. I buy most all of my baby clothing at my favorite thrift store or outlet store. I try to make sure they are in excellent condition if not brand new. I find clothing with tags on them all the time in thrift stores. Occasionally I find items in other stores, as well. Onesies, dresses, bloomers, pants...I make sure they have a cute wardrobe to get them on their way. I pack 3 Honest Company diapers. I have a lot of cute prints! They will be wearing one and 2 comes wrapped. The diaper on the head is usually an off brand. For the girls, I send a cute headband. Sometimes bibs are included. Sometimes a sweater or jacket. I include the birth certificate (made by moi)  and if it is a baby that comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, it will be included. (COA) These are usually the limited edition babies. 
I am a traditional kind of girl - so pink is for girls and blue is for boys. That is just me. I know a lot of people have different ideas - and that is Ok! that is what makes each one of us unique - our own minds!

So - with that being said - my baby girls are sent with everything girly girl, you know, sugar n' spice and everything nice and my baby boys are sent with snips n' snails and puppy dog tails. 

Sometimes, if I know the person is a big fan of a particular theme, I try to find things that will go with that. I had a lady that was all into giraffes and elephants and that was super easy because I just happen to be, too!

I try to buy sport team specific items as I can - so if I happen to get a new mom from New York and have a New York Yankees onesie - of course I will add that. 

All items are individually wrapped in tissue paper, ribbon and little plastic charm. I add a couple of pieces of "It's A Girl" or "Its A Boy" candy. Sometimes a stuffed animal or toy. 

It is all the fun of a baby shower in a box!





No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫