Tuesday, May 8, 2012

WIW - Blast from the Past

Believe it or not - this dress was actually home made in 1960 which happens to be the year I was born. That makes this dress almost 52 years old! I bought it about 3 years or so ago from a lady that had it stored in a trunk in her attic. It was nicely wrapped in plastic and had been packed away for more than 30 years. She made it for her daughter when she was around 21. She said her daughter only wore it a few times and eventually it made it's way into storage. The lady decided to sell the vintage items and I was one of the lucky ones to get this one. It was like it was made for me. Every time I wear it I get compliments because it is so vintage looking, but people are really surprised when they find out just how old it actually is. It is super well made, the lady sure knew what she was doing. I love the colors.
I am wearing my gold and black peace sign earrings - nice touch, right?
Now I just need a ring of daisies around my head and I am all set!


Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Pamela...I'll be sure to stop in again...love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I remember my mom wearing this dresses and I couldn't wait until I could get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! it is so comfy - wish I had one for every day of the week! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Pam! Your dress is sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun print! Love that story.
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is super-cute and you look great in it!

    ReplyDelete

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫