Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Vegetarian Style Stuffed Peppers

I usually make my stuffed peppers with beef but since I had 3 pretty yellow and red bell peppers and no beef ready to use - I decided to make them vegetarian style. We were already having ham anyway - so instead of  the main course  - it became a side dish.

My filling:
rice
salsa
cheese

I added one of our favorite salsas to my cooked rice and placed a spoonful in the bottom of each cleaned out bell pepper. I added a spoonful of shredded cheddar cheese - topped with another spoon of rice - another spoon of cheese - one more spoon of rice and packed it down really good. I baked in the oven just long enough for the peppers to soften somewhat - pulled them out - added another spoon of cheese - and baked a few more minutes until the cheese melted. 
Total time - approx. 30 minutes @ 350 degree oven

My husband loved them! 

*I sit my peppers in a muffin tin to keep them upright.

Sorry no actual photo - I didn't even think about it until it was too late :-()


2 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds yummy ! Never tried it without beef but i deffo have too ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great! Is it a 350 degree oven?

    ReplyDelete

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫