Friday, March 29, 2013

The Day I Had The Wreck



March 20, 2013 - the day I had "the wreck". Lately, this has been a focal point in my life. That day changed a lot of things. I would like to take you back with me on that day starting at 8 a.m. but before I get to "the wreck" let me remind you of the things I had been dealing with for the 2 weeks prior to "the wreck". I was dealing with a few health issues - first skin cancer. Squamous Cell Carcinoma to be exact. Thankfully, that has been taken care of - removed - and I have already received my call that all is clear now - PRAISE! Then it was a breast cancer scare, I had a mammogram that was questionable - so I had an ultrasound and another mammogram - which an area on the left side needed more checking into - so a guided needle biopsy was recommended. For this, I chose the Breast Diagnostic Center versus Memorial Hermann - but then they called me and told me they were not sure I needed the biopsy and wanted to do their own ultrasound - I was OK with that. I didn't want an unnecessary biospy.
Yesterday I had the ultrasound - and unfortunately - they believe it to be a Papillary Lesion - and if that is the case, it will need to be removed OR it could be debris from who knows what - from an infection at some time in my life, it could be anything really, but it was recommended I bypass the biopsy and just have the duct removed. Most likely  I would have had the biopsy and still have whatever it is removed - so why not? Long story short - now I have to make an appointment for a consult with a surgeon and we will be setting up surgery in the near future. Hopefully once removed that will be the end of that. The main thing is - they really don't think it is cancer - but if it is a papillary lesion - that makes you high risk for future cancer. I don't want that!

Now then - back to March 20th. "The Wreck"...that morning at 8 a.m. I had just gotten to work and went to visit one of my co-worker friends. She started telling me of troubles she was having with her teenage daughter, serious troubles - and asked me to pray. I have known her child for many years and it breaks my heart to know she is traveling down a scary road right now. I promised to pray. I left her still in tears and went back to my office. When I sat down at my desk and pulled up my email - I had an email from some one that was having a lot of trouble on the job. She was feeling very unhappy with her circumstances and I told her I would be praying. I had a text from an old friend during this same time - her husband had just left her and she was feeling totally defeated. I had another text minutes later from a friend who had just left her husband and didn't know what she was going to do but had to get away from an explosive situation. Then I had a call from a friend who was having serious issues with her 13 year old and was at a loss of what to do and needed prayer. Hanging up the phone I sat there just asking the Lord where do I start? I was feeling so overwhelmed with it all. It seemed turmoil was all around me. I was in prayer off and on all morning.
When I left for lunch - I went home and spent about 30 minutes in prayer. I felt a peace that God was in control - that He was going to give all these people peace and He was going to finish the plans He had for each one of them and Satan was not going to defeat them.
I went back to work and still prayed whenever one of them came to my mind.
At the end of my work day, I had made plans to go to the salon. I pulled out from my school and headed towards my usual route. While I was at the stop light in the center of our city, I started praying again for the most serious (in my opinion) of these situations - and then realized God had already given me a peace about it and I started thanking Him for what He was doing and is going to do. When I turned right when it was my green light, I had just finished talking to Him and less than 30 seconds I was T- boned by a car that I never even saw coming. HARD!
My car was struck in my drivers side - I hit the curb - bounced back across 2 lanes, the median and ended up southbound in oncoming traffic in the northbound lane. I saw smoke coming up and smelled burning rubber so in MY mind, I thought my car was on fire. All my side airbags went off and I remember saying "Oh God, Oh God, Oh God" and praying that my door would open, which it did and I just fell out in the street into oncoming traffic - and thank the Lord, I did not get struck by a car. People were honking everywhere it seemed and I am sure they thought I was so disoriented that I was going to walk in front of a car - but I made it to the median and by that time a sheriff was already there running towards me calling 911. Thankfully, he had seen the whole thing. Several people did - PRAISE!
The EMT's and Police were there immediately.  They were wonderful. God gave me a platform at that moment to give Him the Glory - to say how He was with me - He protected me. People kept telling me how lucky I was - or how lucky that my SUV didn't flip - and I say luck had nothing to do with it - nothing at all. God did. He was with me - I was just talking to Him so I know that for a fact!! My car was totaled  - I went to the ER and had a CTScan which came back normal, PRAISE!!
People ask then why did He let me go through all of that? Well, my friend, that is an easy answer. I am SO much stronger. My faith is stronger. BUT - I also believe that the enemy is the one who tried to destroy me - to stop my intercessory prayers - to keep me from being there for all these friends who had just asked me for prayer that morning. Friends who trusted that I would pray for them. One of my friends had said that very morning "Please don't forget me, Pamela, I need your intercession". I promised her I wouldn't. 

I am so thankful I have God on my side - I can't imagine not having Him in my life. We are going to face problems in this life on earth - and my prayer is that I can always remember that God is in control. When the spirit of fear comes over me - I pray that God replaces it with His grace.

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are okay! You definitely had some scary moments recently. So happy that your faith carried you through it all! Stacie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are OK from the accident! God was certainly protecting you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! He was! I am so thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful you are okay, and thankful for the affirmation that God can handle whatever comes your way. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫