Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Lot To Be Thankful For...

I have been saying for weeks now that Thanksgiving is just another day to me and that we should be thankful every day - so no need for that "special thankful day". I am sure that a lot of that statement is based on the fact that I will not be with my family on this day, so I rather be a little whiny about it. 

Still - - - I have SO much to be thankful for...

I have the knowledge of my salvation - a God that loves me and wants me for His own and I want Him. 

I have a husband who loves me - we have had our share of ups and downs - but he loves me and I know that. He shows me daily - not just with words but with actions. It goes deep - 

I have a son that, although I don't see very often (he works in ND, lives in AR and here I am in TX), has given me 3 beautiful granddaughters - a beautiful daughter in law, and has always been respectful to me, tells me he loves me every time we talk and I am proud of him and I love him.

I have a daughter that is not only beautiful, smart, a great mother and has a big heart - she is my friend. She has given me an adorable grandson - and a wonderful son in law and I love them all very much.

My parents are both still living - decent health - and still together after all these years. My mom and I have always been good friends. Ido t know what I would do without her.  I love them both and I know they love me.

I have a mother in law that loves me like a daughter. She has always been someone that I feel I can talk to - even if it is about her son (my husband) LOL

I have a great brother in law that I wish was my "real" brother. He calls me "Sis" and that always makes me feel good. 

I have 2 step grandangels that call me Grammie. "Step' means nothing to them. 
I have a great church family - something I haven't been able to say in years. We have made some really good friends and I know when I ask for prayer - they will pray.

I have a job that I love. They pay stinks, but the perks are great. I work with great people, we are a family. I have close friends there that I know when do anything for me and would be there in a pinch.

My husband has a job that although he may not always love, it pays very well. It allows us luxuries that a lot of people can not afford and it allows me to work in that job that the pay stinks, but the perks are great.

We have a beautiful home - not just a house - but a home. It has all the comforts we need, toasty warm in the winter and nice and cool in the summer. 

I have a car that I am very happy to have - the color I want, the model I want - and the ability to pay for it.

My husband is healthy and I am healthy. I have had health scares as recent as this year - but all is well and I am indeed thankful. 

We have more food than we need. Our refrigerator and pantry are always full - we can go to the grocery store on any day and pick up anything we want, not just need.

I have friends that are more like family than friends. When I left Arkansas I had one special friend and she has gone to heaven now - and I never expected to have another one like her - but I do have a couple of friends here that are pretty close!

I am thankful that God has given me a talent there I never realized I had. Learning to play the guitar has been relatively easy for me. I have a long way to go, but I have been blessed with some natural ability. 

My list could go on and on - no doubt. I am glad I sat here at my computer (in which I am thankful to have) thinking about all the riches I have in my life. There are so many - I don't want to take them for granted.

Thank you , Lord - thank you. 

God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫