Thursday, October 27, 2016

Rooting Hair (!!)

I cannot tell you how many times I have started rooting a reborn's hair just to pull it all back out. Mohair is NOT cheap! I have ruined more than I would like to admit. 

The rule of thumb is one strand at a time or 2 at most. So you can imagine how long rooting a head full of hair would take. I envy the artist who can do this with ease. I have watched video after video - it does look so simple. Not so much - at least not for me.

But I decided I AM going to do this - I don't want to be known as the Reborn artist that only does bald babies. LOL Although I do love bald babies! 

So --- I picked a baby that I wanted to keep for myself - which is the Riley sculpt - and I am going to root her with a head full of blonde hair. 

I have a ways to go - it is really soft - I am using mohair conditioner and keeping it brushed and scooped up out of the way as I go. I did not map the hair out and it isn't really directional - so I am learning from this - that is what I will do next time. So far, though, it doesn't look really bad - and I think it will come together ok in the end. 

Stay tuned.... 
And here she is!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫