Saturday, January 8, 2011

ATC - Artist Trading Cards




Ever heard of them? Me either until I got involved with Swapbot and I mostly joined out of curiousity and found it to be a rather fun group. I have enjoyed the swapping thus far with people from all over the world. I kept seeing all these ATC swaps and had no idea what they were talking about and really didn't pay too much attention at first. THEN I decided to check it out and see what all the fuss was about. Here is the definition of an ATC according to wikipedia:




Artist Trading Cards (or ATCs) are miniature works of art about the same size as modern baseball cards,[1] or 2 ½ X 3 ½ inches (63 mm X 89 mm),[2] small enough to fit inside standard card-collector pockets, sleeves or sheets.[3] The ATC movement developed out of the mail art movement and has its origins in Switzerland.[4] Cards are produced in various media, including dry media (pencils, pens, markers, etc.), wet media (watercolor, acrylic paints, etc.), paper media (in the form of collage, papercuts, found objects, etc.) or even metals or cloth. The cards are usually traded or exchanged rather than sold.




So - now I have just completed my first swap. Pretty fun to make actually. You just use your imagination.


I am posting my first 3 ATC's and I am sure they will not be my last!
These are traveling all the way to New Zealand and Denmark!
If you would like to check out Swapbot here is the link:

http://www.swap-bot.com/







No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫