Monday, September 5, 2011

My First Official Upcycle






I am sure I have been "upcycling" for ever,  but never even realized it. Today I specifically set out to take one shirt and not waste a single stitch of it. I succeeded! I made a cute pillow cover from everything except the sleeves and I didn't let those go to waste either! It took me all of 5 seconds to come up with an idea for them. I knew I had a couple of old clear vases under the sink that haven't seen the light of day in years. I just spray painted them the olive green and then sewed up the sides to make little slipcovers to dress them up. I am in the process of decorating my "new" sewing/craft room and my dominant colors are black licorice, chocolate, olive and sea breeze blue. (Colors sound so much prettier with edible names, don't they?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫