Thursday, March 1, 2012

Skype'n My TBoo

Ok - so I am a little behind in the Skype World - didn't really know much about it - didn't even think too much about it. My one and only time to use a webcam was a bust, but that was about 10 years ago and it was so jerky, slow and just no fun so I disconnected it and forgot about it. I just bought a new computer this past week and Skype was on the desktop. Still - didn't even cross my mind to check it out - until my daughter asked me if we had a webcam and Skype - because they just set up an account and wanted to connect. Ok - I decided we would get a new webcam in a week or so and give it a try. In the meantime - I set  up my account  - and accepted her. Tonight, I was able to see them on my monitor - but since I didn't have my webcam yet - they couldn't see me. Even so - just that little bit was fun.

BUT THEN - - -
 my husband remembered we have a webcam on the laptop so I downloaded Skype as quickly as I could - and we made another call - PERFECT! I am so excited!! I can now see my little TuckerBoo and he was so cute playing basketball - waving, smiling, clapping...until he got tired and was ready for bed.
My daughter is really good about taking pictures and little video clips, but this will be even better. Not only will I be able to bond with him better, but he can see me and it will be so much easier for him to know who I am.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we got it working! That will be much better since you live so far away! We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, too - will get to see you in a couple more weeks! Can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫