Friday, March 8, 2013

Ok - I have to Vent



Sorry - I am going to do a vent post because it just drives me crazy to participate in swaps and then people do not do what they are supposed to do. I have yet to participate in a swap where the person I send to does what they are supposed to do. I have participated in mug swaps, Valentine swaps, foodie swaps - I do MY part - so why do I always get someone who can't do THEIR part???

Example 1 - foodie swap - the person who got me did a fabulous job - I loved everything. I posted everything from the box all the way down to the last item and posted about how I liked each thing and what I liked best, etc. The person I got - I bought them all kinds of cool things, spent more than the minimum amount - and never heard a single word - NOTHING...they didn't do their post - so I don't even know if they got it.

Example 2 - Mug swap - I actually downloaded a photo of their beloved pet - bought a kit to do a personalized mug - put the dogs name on it - never saw a post about it. They did email me and let me know it arrived broken! I packed it as well as I could - let her know I would do another one and she insisted no, it was an easy fix and you wouldn't be able to tell it was broken. She told me she would be posting that weekend - never heard another word. Yes, I should have gone ahead and made another one and sent it anyway - but since she didn't post - I just dropped it - and pretty much said I was done with swaps. As far as the person who got me - she did great. Of course I posted my thank you right away and showed off my beautiful mug. 

THEN - I thought one more time - I LOVE Valentines Day - one of my favorite holidays, so one more try with the swap thing. I really enjoyed shopping for my Valentine - again, I went over the amount which was $20 not including S/H. Still to this day - not a word. Nothing. No post, no thank you - have no clue if she received it. The person who got me did fabulous. I loved every thing - I was excited to post about it. I even sent her a thank you card in the snail mail. 

I love getting things - but I love GIVING more! I want to see that the person that I am sending to is happy with their gifts. 
I guess one of my top pet peeves are people who DO NOT SAY THANK YOU. Good grief, it is one of the easiest manners in the world to use. I deal with it in my own family - which drives me crazy. I don't get it. I think I  overcompensate by going overboard with my thank you's because I have so many family members who don't seem grateful for a thing I do. (or anyone does, for that matter) 

Ok - I am done...lol it has just been on my mind and I had to get it off my chest. I am sure that the people who hold swaps get very frustrated. I know that on the last swap I did (Valentine) barely any one posted - what a shame. 

5 comments:

  1. That drives me nuts, too. Things do happen. However, for 3 people to not follow through--I understand your frustration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very frustrating! It makes you not want to participate. :-(

      Delete
  2. I have that problem too! I am glad I get nice things in swaps (the first swap I did I never received anything!) but it is also nice to read that people liked what I sent them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your swap partner never posted about what she received. Mine didn't either. It's a bummer because I like knowing if they enjoyed what I sent.

    ReplyDelete

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫