Friday, May 4, 2012

My "secret" guitar lessons are no longer a secret

The jig is up. The cat is out of the bag.
My husband now knows my secret - after taking guitar lessons for 5 weeks, I decided to let him in on it.
Why?

Mainly because I was getting such little time to practice between lessons. My lessons are on Mondays from 4 - 4:30. I only have about 15 minutes to practice Monday - Thursday in the early mornings before going to work. He is home on Fridays - so that meant no practicing from Friday - Sunday AT ALL - we are pretty much always together. He gets home in the evenings around 5ish plus I cook - so that meant only a few minutes once I got home from work. I just wasn't able to get much time in. My instructor has been pretty impressed with how fast I am catching on and made the comment that it was a shame my husband didn't know so I  could practice any time I wanted - I was really doing a disservice to myself. Just think how much better I would be if I was practicing every day and throughout the day! I started thinking about that - plus factor in the amount of money I am spending for lessons - yea - he needed to know.

So - now he knows - and believe me - it was hilarious just letting him in on it even at this point with what I have learned. I picked up my guitar and just set down while he was busy on his computer and started picking around - then played the one song I have been working on - I went through all 7 chords I have learned - and he finally started paying attention and putting 2 and 2 together.

He is VERY excited - it has renewed his interest in playing ( which is what I hoped for!) and we are going to buy me a "better" guitar this weekend. He wants me to get a Martin D15 - so that is pretty great!

Here are some pics from the little video I had set up to catch some of his expressions during the time I was playing around - waiting for him to snap to what I was trying to tell him. The video will take forever to edit enough to make public - lol




Check out the video of:

Me Playing after 4 lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫