Thursday, July 29, 2010

Miles, my adopted rescue baby


Meet Miles...he is my 6 year old Yorkipoo. I adopted him in January of 2006. He was left at a kill shelter by previous owners who did not take care of him and basically threw him away when he got sick.
Luckily, he was saved by a kind vet that took mercy on him and hid him in his jacket. He knew he was worth saving. He took him home, nursed him back to health (he had heartworms which can be fatal) and then he was fostered in a home by a sweet lady who gave him all the TLC he needed until he was ready to be adopted. That is where I come in...I saw his sweet face on a rescue site and knew he had to come live here with me. It took a few weeks to get him because he was already spoken for. Thankfully, the people who were supposed to get him changed their minds at the last minute. After meeting Miles, they just didn't feel a connection. I was called in for an interview and to meet Miles. After spending 1 hour with him, I knew I was not leaving without him!
You can see more of Miles in video on my YouTube channel and a more detailed story of his adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫