Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why do I continue to go to 3D movies???

I love to go to the movies and go quite often, especially during the summer months. It seems every other movie that is out now offers 3D as well as 2D. So far, out of all the 3D movies I have seen, there has only been 1 movie worth the price of a ticket PLUS an extra $3 bucks for the 3D glasses. That movie was Avatar. I admit...it was good, I liked it a lot. All of the other movies I have been conned into paying the extra for the 3D effect...blah blah blah...they would have been just as good (or bad) in 2D, no doubt. Toy Story 3 was a great movie, I loved it, but I think it would have been just as good in 2D. A Christmas Carol - a fair movie, but not worth one cent for the 3D version.
Tonight was no exception. We just got home from seeing Despicable Me in 3D. OMGosh...what a waste of money!! I was under the impression that it was a movie everyone would like, tremendously funny, adults would enjoy just as much as the kids...I say nay nay! My poor husband slept through 75% of it. I wanted to, but I was determined to watch every second of it for the $$ we paid! As for the 3D effects...(what there was)they were lost to me just because the movie stunk so bad. I am sure there are those that have kids and are used to sitting through kid movies so will compare it to others they have seen and can say it was good. (comparatively?)

I hope I have finally learned my lesson tonight and can just stick to the 2D versions...that gives me $3 extra bucks to spend on the high priced popcorn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫