Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections of 2011

This year certainly flew by, didn't it?  I have to say it has really been a blessed year for me and my family.

I have 2 spectacular events of 2011 to share that I feel God was certainly in the midst of

 In March my grandson had his cranio surgery to allow room for his brain to grown as he was born without a soft spot. He came through the cranio surgery with flying colors and God took the liberty of healing him so quickly that even the doctors were surprised how fast his head shaped up and he could do away with the helmet after  only 1 month! We just helped celebrate his first birthday and he is now taking several steps at a time and is just about the most adorable baby ever!

In April  my hometown in Arkansas was hit with a devastating tornado and my son lost his home as well did many other people in the community. The miracle of it all was that my son, daughter in law and 3 granddaughters left their doublewide just in time to seek shelter in my parent's church basement. As my son sat watching the weather he had a strong urge to leave and I am so thankful they did! Had they stayed like they had every storm before, they most likely would not be here today.  Sad to say there were 4 deaths in their subdivision. The people of the community came together and supported one another in a way that was nothing short of amazing. My sons family received donations, monies, and physical help from all over. Thankfully they had great insurance. They now have a brand new beautiful double wide and we are all so thankful that they are here today to be able to tell their story.

Living in Texas for the past 13 years, it is a rarity to have any of my family here - other than my mom and 2 of my granddaughters staying 2 weeks every summer - we do most of the traveling to Arkansas to see every one. This year was a wonderful exception! My daughter, her husband and baby visited for the 4th of July weekend! Although too short of a visit - it was beyond wonderful. We were able to babysit while they attended a ballgame, I took him to have his pictures made, we played in the pool. It was great!
A very unexpected surprise was my son taking a job here in Houston for 3 months and he stayed with us part of that time. Once he hired help he stayed in an extended stay hotel but was still over every week, we went out to eat weekly and he and I even went to the movies together. It was a bonding time that I never thought I would get again. It totally changed our relationship as it had been years since we had any mother/son time. I loved every minute of it and was sad when it ended, but I know he was ready to get back to his little family.

One of the fun things of 2011 is I began a new hobby. I am now an Aquarist! I have "multiple tank syndrome". Ha!!  What started off with a Betta in a vase has turned in to 5 tanks total (so far...lol) They range from 5 gallons to 55 gallons. It has even carried over to the workplace as I have a 20 gallon there as well. I have gotten into breeding now and am having pretty good luck with selling the fry. I have mollies, platys, danios, cats, guppys, rasboras, and oh yes, I still have a betta. I am moving on to raising/breeding red cherry shrimp and mystery snails now. It is a big job but it is such a rewarding experience.

I am so thankful for all the blessings of 2011 and look forward to 2012 and pray that God continues to give us good health, financial blessings and helps me to grow closer to Him.

Happy New Year & God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫