Saturday, February 11, 2012

Patty Cake Patty Cake - Cake Mix & Diet Pepsi

I've seen recipes where you can add your cola of choice to a box of brownie mix. I have also heard that Weight Watchers says you can make a cake using diet cola and your favorite cake mix. Today I decided to put it to the test. The only cake mix I had in my pantry was German Chocolate. I always have either Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi in the fridge. Simple enough - no eggs, no oil - just 12 ounces of Diet Pepsi - add to the mix - stir stir stir. ( I am not motivated enough to drag out my mixer, put it all together and then have to clean it up - put away again:-()

I made mine using 2 layer cake pans. Once out of the oven - I decided at the last minute to put a layer of Nutella on one of the cake layers while it was still hot. I LOVE Nutella. I let them cool just a bit before putting the layers together. I sprinkled powdered sugar all over the top layer and then cut into it while still warm.
It was amazing! It was so gooey inside with the Nutella melting into the bottom layer - I think the next time I make it I will add some caramel sauce to it. That will really set it off. I don't think this would meet Weight Watcher approval, but then I don't do WW - so no problem for me!
So - now I know - any flavor cake mix - diet coke/pepsi - Nutella, caramel or chocolate sauce - or any other favorite topping - and a yummy quickie cake is born.


No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫