Saturday, October 26, 2013

No Sitting Allowed!

One of the big mistakes I made while learning to play guitar was sitting down the whole time. I always heard standing would be like starting all over if you don't stand from the beginning. Every time I would try to stand - I would give up after a minute - it was so awkward, I couldn't find the chords very well - and I just hated it. I knew if I continued to sit down and play that I would never be able to play in front of others because it is just so hard to sit "ladylike" and play guitar, for one thing, but if I should ever get my nerve to play at the nursing home where I do ministry with my church group there is NO room to sit -standing is a must!

Once I got it into my head that I was going to do this - if it hare lipped every cow in Texas - it wasn't so bad. Actually, by the end of the first day I was playing just as well as sitting. I have not sit down at all in a week to play - in fact my new rule is NO SITTING ALLOWED. 

The only real problem now is the strap being so uncomfortable. I have ordered a padded strap online and can't wait for it to come in! I know this will make a huge difference. 

Check out my short video clip. Feedback most welcome. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫