Friday, November 1, 2013

Weigh In Friday (How Am I Doing It?)

150 & Feelin' good!
Several people have asked how I am staying on track with my calories - I use
and I track my calories, carbs, fat, etc.

These are some of my favorite foods this week:

Breakfast - 2 Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles (Light Swiss)
1 package 100 calorie pretzels = 170 calories

Lunch - Lean Cuisine Spaghetti & Meatballs or Healthy Choice Asian Inspired Kung Pao Chicken

Dinner - Healthy Choice Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Corn & Apple Crisp = the dinners average anywhere from 230 - 320 calories for the most part. Some a little less and some a little more. I don't even look at the calorie content any more - I know if I eat a 230 calorie dinner for lunch that I can have a higher calorie for dinner but I won't eat a 300 + calorie for both meals.

I have a Snickers Ice Cream bar every night = 180 calories and usually a bowl of frozen black grapes = 60 calories per cup - I buy them, rinse them - freeze on a cookie sheet and then place in zip lock freezer bags and always have them on hand. I love these!

Other snacks I keep on hand - 100 calories - almonds, puddings, yogurt. I may grab a spoonful of my favorite peanut butter if I feel like I just need something special because I LOVE peanut butter and used to eat it by the tablespoonfuls! 
I also eat green olives, pickled okra, pickles and cherry tomatoes with my dinners. 

I actually love ALL the Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, Healthy Choice and Atkins boxed dinners. I have no problem eating them 2 meals per day. I don't do it every day - we go out to eat usually twice a week and I just check out the menu online first and decide what I will have before I get there. It is easy to stay within my 1200 - 1300 calories for the day that way. I always get a salad with whatever balsamic vinegar dressing that is available. We eat at Red Lobster, Applebees, Chilis, Casa Ole...I don't feel deprived at all. I have celebrated birthdays at work with my friends and shared in all the goodies, just in moderation. It all just depends on what I am willing to spend my calories for the day on.

My highest weight was 169 and that is when I said enough is enough and got serious. It has been 55 days and as of this morning I am 150 pounds. I feel so much better both physically and mentally. I am not exercising at all - which is bad, I know - and I really need to - at least walking. 

In a nutshell - that is how I have been losing - no diet pills, no gimmicks - been there done that - just plan ole' determination and will power.

My goal? 145 will make me happy - but it really isn't about the number any more - I am already feeling good - so I am happy already! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫