Monday, January 25, 2016

Goddess Rain Lamp

Back in 1971, when I was 11 years old, my mom received a gift from her dad that was such a fascination for me. A Goddess Rain Lamp - it hung up in the corner of our living room for many years. When my mom and dad moved later on when I was grown and moved away, they built a house and the rain lamp was hung up in their bedroom but never used. It just gathered dust. Finally, at some point mom took it down and put it away.

Over the Christmas holidays,  for some reason, it came to my mind and I asked her about it and she showed me where it was. It hadn't been used in many years but we plugged it up and the light came on. The original bulb from 1971. It was covered in greasy dust but we boxed it up and I brought it home. I was so excited.
My husband worked on it right away - cleaning it perfectly. We added new oil and a new bulb and hung it up in our living room. 
It brings back some really good childhood memories. I don't know what it was about the lamp, but I always loved it.It's like it is a remembrance of my granddad that has been gone for many years now.  It is gaudy looking, but the vintage look is in. It wouldn't matter to me if it clashed with every thing in my house, I would still want to use it. In the condition it is in, I have seen them go anywhere from $150 - $250 - but I wouldn't take anything for it.

Watch the You Tube Video 

 Before photo



After Photo

After Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫