Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Pros and Cons of A Tummy Plate For Reborns

 When you have a Reborn baby that is filled (mine are doe suede with glass beads) you have the option of purchasing a tummy plate separate if you want. They are hand painted vinyl or silicone just like the doll head and limbs. Some artists sell them with the doll and some sell them separately. You can have them generic where there is only the belly and chest and no private parts. They generally have ribbons or ties to tie on to the baby.
I had the opportunity to purchase 2 at the price of 1 - a male and female with both being anatomically correct. I put one of Sally Jane and the other on Jackson. It didn't take me long to make the decision that I do NOT like them. Not at all! They are cumbersome, awkward and to me, just look weird. I took them off and have already decided to resell them on eBay. 
I didn't take any pictures of them with them on.

Pros - for some - they add a more lifelike feature. They can be very realistic if you have them done by a professional artist. These 2 are very well made.

Cons - they make the baby feel bulky. They can be rather expensive - but like I said, I got the 2 for the price of one. They can run any where from $20 - $35 depending on the artist. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

♪♫♫♪Comments are music to my ears♪♫♪♫